Friday, October 3, 2008

Coming Topics

Several topics of this blog will benefit many of us. The active participation of readers will benefit us greatly. Your discussion on the following is requested:

Technology to aid our communication whether it be conference video calls, touch screen computers, iphones, or cell phones. I have some ideas and hope you will give yours.

Favorate short distance trips you would like to take. Interesting to read of y0ur destinations since you live in a variety of places.In the Northern part of Illinois, My wife and I like to take short trips in the country involving lakes, wooded areas, and scenery. WE might even take a trip to Calif0rnia to visit relatives.

How about an advice column that one of you would volunteer to conduct. Topics might invollve intergenerational matters. Now who would like to be the next Ask Polly?

What ideas for community service do you have? Visiting the ill or residents of a Geriatric center or wounded vets, or volounter in an elemeentary school perhaps.

Do you have any strong ideas to share? Such as ssmall business ideas,l or as my friend Vic says, CEOs get paid too much. This column is not political but will receive ideas. For variety, lets include some recipes, unusual signs or happenings. For example, while driving with my wife, we had to stop for an adult and six little ducks crossing the street. They were oblivious to the traffic as they took their Sunday stroll. Several days later, just before we approached a toll booth, a deer passed in front of our car. We waited and wwhen we told the toll booth attendent, we were told it happens often. Two months later, as we drove to our son's suburban house, going past a wooded area, a deer crossed the street. I was going to then go and my wife stopped me saying "Here comes another one." And then suddenly, a third crossed the street. Whatare the chances of that. And us with0ut our camera.

Movies and Books. Please share ones you enjoyed, even if it is older. And what music do you listen to. I have recently began enjoying classical music and try other kinds. I never thought I had time for it before, but after playing music for residents of a geriatric center, they enjoyed it and I was hooked.

Where do you live? Now days, with so many seniors, many different types of residences are available.It would be great to share. We live in a subdivision of 72 buildings, each with four units up and four down, condominiums. Wide open spaces zbound.

Photos can be shared. I don't know how to do it yet but I am learning fast.
Thanks for rading and sharing.
See, sharing can be fun.

No comments: